The coronavirus has captured international attention as the latest disease to spread across the world. Starting in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, it is now in over 140 countries worldwide. According to the World Health Organization, it is a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC). Working remotely Doctors and Tele-Health workers are safe from the personal contact with infected patients and continue care with nearly the efficiency of in-person appointments.
In what has been called “the world’s largest work-from-home experiment,” the outbreak of the coronavirus has caused many office-based companies to do all of their business work in cyberspace. Working at home isn’t a new trend, as remote jobs grew 159% in 12 years, which is a much quicker rate than other job styles.
VuPort has video conference equipment for the coronavirus epidemic that meets the needs of businesses who have suddenly had to work remotely. The technology from VuPorts is a robust system that will make your meetings so productive and efficient that it’s better than a day at the office.
Benefits of Video Conferencing
While your computer — and even your phone — has video chat capabilities, it pales in comparison to a dedicated video conferencing system. Hardware for video calls in your home ore remote office provides benefits such as:
- More screen real estate: Where other programs require you to have your video chat up on your computer, video conferencing equipment provides its own screen or is often used in tandem with a TV screen. This gives you more screen space on your computer to pull up a presentation or a document for note-taking.
- Better video quality: Video conferencing equipment has more high-tech cameras and microphones compared to the ones installed on a computer. Our equipment will help you and your team look better and create the impression you want.
Video conferencing is one of the best methods for business communication, and you can benefit your business practices when using this equipment. Video conference calls lead to:
- Improved communication: Having everyone in a video conference call leads to productive conversations because you can see their body language and facial expressions, which give you a better understanding of their thoughts.
- Saved time: There’s no need to go to the conference room or commute to the office — video conferencing happens wherever you are.
- Higher productivity: Because the meeting has a set start and end time, you are more likely to focus on meeting objectives and get more accomplished.
Tips for Your Best Video Conference Call
After you purchase and install quality video conference equipment, you need to ensure other aspects of your call are just as perfect. Consider areas such as:
- Lighting: Sit with a window or lamp in front of or to the side of you. Put the light source at eye height to illuminate your face.
- Background: Make sure your environment is clean with few distractions to keep things looking professional.
- Clothing: Wear a shirt that is made of a matte fabric with a high neck in a simple or no pattern. Skip large dangling jewelry because it can interfere with the lighting.
Things to Know Before Buying Work From Home Video Conference Equipment
Like other tech purchases, buying video conference equipment for work from home employees requires careful thought. When you’re looking at video conference equipment for remote workers, consider aspects such as:
- Streaming quality: High-definition streaming for video and audio is best for professionalism, so make sure your bandwidth is large enough to support it.
- Tech support: Look into what kind of support options you’ll get from your vendor after the sale to help with troubleshooting.
- Integrations: You can integrate some video conferencing platforms with third-party services, such as email and calendars, for a comprehensive experience.
- Licensing: Each platform varies on their licensing models, which affects what features and functions you’ll get from your hardware.
Our Video Conference Equipment for Coronavirus
For businesses that need to work around the disruptions of the coronavirus, VuPorts recommends the Polycom Group 500 system. This technology is versatile and high quality, so it can take on many uses with ease.
The Polycom Group 500 from VuPorts gives you the best technology in video conferencing available today at a fraction of the price. We are transparent and open about the details of our products — including price — so you can feel confident in your purchase and see that our products have the best market value.
- Small businesses
- Colleges and universities
- Law offices
- Fortune 500 companies
- National laboratories